Quantity Surveyor – Grantham
Quantity Surveyor – Grantham
Permanent, Full Time
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas are recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor, based in Grantham, to support our ITS (Integrated Transport Systems) business unit. Due to increased demand on our Lincolnshire Council contract, the successful Quantity Surveyor will effectively carry out quantity surveying duties and ensures that all the commercial matters for the projects under postholders control including procurement, risk, cost and value reporting, forecasting and contractual matters are managed effectively in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures.
About the Role
To provide accurate and timely commercial reports and advise the bid management and senior management team whilst monitoring contracts and reporting against the appropriate commercial targets. Ensuring that projects are effectively managed in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures. You will also:
- Managing contract budgets and forecast costings
- Supply chain and procurement management
- Deputise for the Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Commercially manage subcontract packages
- Ensuring necessary main contract notices are issued on time
- Administration and valuation of contract change / compensation events
- Identify and input into value engineering
- Maintain project forecast
- Prepare assessments and applications for payment
- Input into financial reports for project management
- Input into CVR / cost report and cash flow information
- Agree final accounts
The successful candidates will have significant experience working as a Quantity Surveyor within a heavy civil engineering industry such as highways/infrastructure. You will also have:
- 4+ years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor (Traffic Signals/Street Lighting/Highway Infrastructure hugely desirable)
- A good understanding of NEC contracts (target cost framework ideal)
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.