Public Liaison Officer - Birmingham
Public Liaison Officer – Birmingham
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Colas are recruiting for a Public Liaison Officer to lead in communicating our works activities with local stakeholders including: local businesses, road users, residents and the wider public whilst upholding the reputation of Colas at all times.
The PLO will communicate stakeholder needs to the project manager, acting as the first point of contact for any stakeholder concerns or issues. You will work closely with the Social Value Lead and Project Manager to review progress as well as engaging with local schools and charities to support the requirements of the Colas social value charter.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to organise programme of communication/engagement with Stakeholders, such as surrounding residents and businesses
- Organise and attend stakeholder meetings in partnership with the Project Manager and clients as required, in line with project requirements and the tender submission
- Organise and attend stakeholder outreach activities, such as Q&A sessions and drop-ins
- Communicate updates on road closures and diversions to stakeholders, collaborating with the Project Manager and client to design appropriate information leaflets for letter drops.
- Compile all stakeholder needs, contact details and requirements within a community engagement log - update on regular basis and ensure it is shared with the works team.
- Keep a detailed Compliments/Complaints Log, ensuring all feedback is recorded, analysed and followed-up systematically.
- Engage with local schools to arrange activities, liaising with project teams and Social Value Lead to ensure delivery is relevant to our sector
- Liaise with charities and community groups to enable the delivery of relevant social value targets
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with experience in a similar role and have a positive attitude to working with people to find positive outcomes.
You will also have:
- Self-motivated able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communicator, considerate of the needs of colleagues working in close proximity
- Able to keep accurate records and provide detailed reports on delivery. Good with computers and a natural ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm
- A good team player able to build strong relationships
- Capable of empathising with people and being a good listener
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.