Colas are currently looking for a Project Planner to join the UK Projects team based at our Birmingham office. The role is accountable to the Senior Project Manager or Control Account Manager for the planning, monitoring and controlling of scope, schedule, resource & cost on assigned projects. Scope resource and cost planning, monitoring, cost reporting and Earned Value Analysis will be performed using SAP. MS Project will be utilised to produce schedules and associated progress reporting.
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
On top of a highly competitive salary, Colas also offer some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- On-going training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and much more through our online employee benefits portal
- Schedule all activities associated with assigned Projects/Control Accounts to produce an integrated critical path schedule, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Control Account Manager for action.
- Resource load schedules (where applicable) and maintain a Performance Measurement Baseline in MS Project. Analyse and report project progress and resource requirements.
- Enter and maintain the monthly project forecasts in the company SAP system using the EAC workbench.
- Update and evaluate the accuracy of the project forecast by assessing actual cost incurred and earned value achieved for the control accounts. Use calculations such as TCPI and IEAC to validate the forecast.
- Assists Control Account Manager in generating data/information for presentations and reports to project management or the customer.
- Consolidate data in the schedule and in project cost reports for Control Account Manager's review and approval.
- Generate Variance Analysis Reports on a monthly basis to cover schedule, cost and variance at completion information with corrective actions. Work with the CAM to implement the corrective actions to re-align the work to the baseline.
- Support Control Account Manager in raising Baseline Change Requests, getting approval and implementing them into the baseline.
- Open and close booking numbers and co-ordinate changes.
- Ensure Work Authorisation Documents are prepared and get approved such that the baseline can be used to measure performance.
- Advise the Control Account Manager on the use of appropriate EV techniques for the type and duration of the work package.
- Knowledge / experience of MS Project 2007/2010, Primavera P6 or a similar project planning tool.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to, even in occasional pressurised situations.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology.
- The ability to quickly pick up new tool sets and processes, with good analytical skills.
- Proven ability to analyse schedules and cost data for impending difficulties and clearly communicate to Project Manager/Control Account Manager.
- Working experience in SAP cost planning & reporting
- Direct experience of work on project sites.
- Good standard of general education.
- Excellent relationship builder
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Good understanding of the financial aspects of contracts management
- Able to plan ahead
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.