Project Manager - Nationwide
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas UK Projects delivers major transport infrastructure solutions in the UK, Ireland and internationally. Our huge global expertise alongside the strength of our UK in-house specialist teams, local manufacturing and 96-year knowledge base and experience, brings a unique mix of local specialists and global resources to projects. Working with Colas will give you access to an unrivalled international community of research and development engineers and other world-class experts.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work within our UK Projects department. This role will be to manage major projects within the UK up to and in excess of £100million. Ensuring that they operate efficiently within cost, productivity, quality and health, safety & environment targets. The Project Manager will assist the associate director with managing people, procedures, control and business on all relevant projects on a national basis.
- Promote and enhance safety awareness across all operational delivery, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Ensure that all project operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety and welfare of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to project delivery teams. Stimulating and driving self-delivery, intercompany relationships and trading.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all company resource through planning and effective dialogue with peers / clients
- Develop and update regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client requirement
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with full responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Active involvement with supporting cost vs value reporting whilst driving contract efficiencies
- Mapping and deployment of company resources encouraging increased utilisation where appropriate
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits
- Provide regular point of contact for all personnel, administering employment related matters
- Be responsible for site safety by ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available, review and approval of accounts prior to release of payment
- Arrange / convene pre start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions
- Support, encourage and develop all staff / operatives within your control identifying all appropriate training needs
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services, assisting Commercial estimating where required over the procurement of new works assisting with client development
- Provide technical support to Senior Estimator during tender periods and receive and ensure compliance with Tender handover packs
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will hold relevant construction qualifications and experience of delivering major civil
design and build projects in the UK. You will have good commercial awareness and commitment to business success, with the ability to lead a team of project managers and site agents ensuring a highly motivated team.
You will also have:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexible approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fine detail to programming and co-ordination of works with 3rd parties
- Site programming and resource management to ensure optimal progress and performance
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.