Project Manager - Contracting North
Project Manager – Newcastle
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas Highways Contracting North holds an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focussed on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, footways, cycle ways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
Due to the continued success of our Northern Region, we are currently looking to employ a Project Manager. The Project Manager will manage key project deliverables including client expectations supporting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices, undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees. Acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of our One Colas culture.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar discipline, on local authority highways term maintenance contracts, fast track motorways and trunk road MAC / ASC contracts. You will have a proven record of resource / personnel management along with working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements.
You will also have:
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- CSCS Black Card or Equivalent
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- Knowledge of business management systems
- Strong leadership and planning / organisational qualities
- A demonstrable strong Business acumen
- Motivation and people management skills
- A keen passion for the Development of others
- Good communication skills
- a strong desire for business growth Detailed knowledge of the industry
- Good written and oral skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.