Procurement Administrator (6 Month FTC)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our Corporate Supply Chain team are based at our Rowley Regis Depot in Birmingham. The Procurement Administrator will work with the Head of Procurement and other team members in ensuring that all suppliers used within Colas Limited are fully evaluated, are reviewed to agreed periodic terms and to produce monthly reports to facilitate the informing of the senior management structure of spend/compliance within Business Units.
About the Role
In this role you will manage the full 360 supplier review programme and be involved in supplier evaluations, production of management repo and supporting the Category Managers in all reporting on supplier performance and spend. You will:
- Interpret data and provide results in a clear and concise way
- Record supplier responses to allow informed business decisions to be made
- Ensure accuracy of information and that it is clear and simple for the team to review
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company’s values and beliefs
- Support 360 degree performance review of suppliers as directed by the SCM
- Engage and communicating with internal customers and suppliers as required to ensure all those involved are clear on the sourcing status
- Collate and manage all supplier information and support in business improvement initiatives as defined by the SCM
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an experienced Data Analyst / Procurement Analyst who is used to managing a varied and busy workload who enjoys interacting with clients and customers both over the phone and face to face. You will also:
- Have an excellent working knowledge of computer systems and MS Excel
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of numeracy and accuracy
- Show strong knowledge of ERP platforms
- Be able to demonstrate some knowledge of the construction industry and its key category areas
- Be able to prioritise your own work and understand the importance of delivering to timescales
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
- Show an understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.