About the Role
This is a key role within the marketing team and you will have ownership of developing a new PR strategy for the business. You will be working as part of a team of 7 and reporting in to the Strategic Marketing Manager and you will be responsible for building and managing our corporate reputation.
- Define a process to encourage news from around the business to be fully captured and utilised, shaping them for various purposes and audiences using a multitude of media channels.
- Produce the integrated PR strategy in line with Colas’ strategic objectives, brand and value propositions.
- Engage with work stream stakeholders to identify key PR opportunities and initiatives.
- Build and maintain a media contacts list, developing strong relationships with specialist press, trade publications, local newspapers and digital media approaches as well as managing all incoming media enquiries.
- Develop materials for social media i.e. news releases and blog posts and identify opportunities for guest speakers, creating scripts and speeches as required.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Marketing, Graphic Designer, Internal Communications Officer and Marketing Managers on integrated projects.
You will be a passionate and experienced public relations and communications specialist with previous experience of building a successful PR strategy from scratch.
You will also:
- Have in-depth knowledge of PR and media relations, copywriting and publications.
- Have substantial experience devising and executing PR strategy within defined budgets and timescales.
- Have excellent copy-writing ability and enjoy creating new, innovative pieces of work.
- Previous highways, construction, engineering or manufacturing or similar industry experience would be highly beneficial but is not essential.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
Colas UK currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas UK.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.