Plant and Equipment Manager
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
The role of our UK Plant and Equipment Manager will be to effectively manage the procurement, operation and maintenance of Colas Ltd’s plant and equipment assets for the UK and international contracts, including surfacing operations, civil engineering, electrical and street lighting engineering, traffic management operations and intelligent transport solutions.
About the Role
The UK Plant and Equipment Manager will be required to provide expert knowledge in the procurement and operation of mobile asphalt plants and specialist equipment, and bitumen product manufacturing facilities.
You will also:
- Develop Colas Ltd’s strategic approach to the procurement and management of major plant and equipment across the business and implement associated commercial and industrial plans
- In consultation with business unit managers, manage specification of major plant and equipment across Colas Ltd, ensuring effective negotiation and robust contract arrangements with suppliers to ensure strategic, contractual and financial targets are met
- Conduct plant and equipment cost benefit analysis to promote good buying practices and utilisation of assets
- Ensure the safe, efficient operation and maintenance of Colas Ltd’s fleet of plant and equipment
- Lead and plan maintenance programmes and repair of major plant and equipment to maximise productivity and minimise lost time
- Work with Business Unit Managers in planning, budgeting, monitoring productivity and quality and resolving issues throughout the life cycle of major plant and equipment
- Lead and manage the de-commissioning of major plant and equipment as required
- Ensure company Health, Safety, Quality and Environment policies are implemented and conduct an agreed number of safety audits of major plant and equipment
- Manage costs in accordance with the budget
- Ensure Risk Assessments are completed for the safe operation of major plant and equipment.
- Develop close working relationships within Colas Ltd, the Colas/Bouygues group and with external suppliers
- Provide management reports relating to plant and equipment as required
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 28 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will need to demonstrate excellent asphalt plant knowledge and experience of asphalt laying plant and be willing to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad as required. You will also:
- Be able to show production plan expertise in bitumen product manufacturing
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to health & safety, quality, environment and business improvement
- Have previous experience working senior management roles
- Show all round technical understanding of the activities you will be involved with as the Plant and Equipment Manager
- Demonstrate an ability to find positive solutions to complex problems
- Show an understanding of delivering stakeholder requirements and managing relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interface successfully with a wide range of people both within and outside the company
- Show an understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.