About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Permitting Officer, and occasionally working with the Network Coordinator and Network Manager, the Permitting Officer will work together as a team coordinating highways activities, authorising and setting permit conditions, processing requests, monitor works within the permitting system, liaise with third parties, compile performance reporting data, monthly invoicing and general administration and associated duties.
You will receive and review permits checking closely for accuracy, suitability and network capacity/availability before being accepted, rejected or returned for reasonable amendments before the works take place on the public highway (and retrospectively on emergency situations).
- Issuing monthly invoices to statutory undertakers ensuring that the invoices are accurate and itemised with the correct Permit costs, Fixed Penalty Notice and S74 fines.
- Good, open and honest communication and negotiation skills required in person, over the phone and electronically for monthly invoicing, debtor chasing and general communication with statutory undertakers.
- Continual checks of the permitting system prompt issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices and/or Section 74 penalties where non-compliance of the permit conditions and/or working codes of practices can be clearly evidenced.
- Recording various aspects permit data contributing to the end of month and annual permit reporting.
- Updating spreadsheets and creating reports to be readily available within the evidence folders for scoring as part of the performance framework.
- Co working with those who process TTRO / Network Bookings, scheduling of highway works, Highways Licencing ensuring that there are no clashes of highway occupancy and the conformance is realistically achievable.
It’s likely you’ll have strong written and verbal communication skills, experience of street works / highways environments with noticing, SRW or permitting (either from local authority or utility experience perspective).
Experience / working knowledge of EToN or SRW (or similar) is an advantage along with knowledge of HAUC guidance documents (SROH, Inspections, CoP for Coordination, Permitting).
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Debtor chasing
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products
- An ability to produce accurate data and reports
- Telephone / call handling
- Valid driving licence
- Flexibility/Attitude to Change
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking
- Commercial & Financial Awareness
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.