Opportunities Manager - Birmingham
Opportunities Manager – Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our Major projects team based at our Rowley Regis Depot in Birmingham are recruiting for an Opportunities Manager to develop pipeline opportunities identified through business development activities into tangible opportunities that UK Projects can progress to tender.
About the Role
As the Opportunities Manager within the UK Projects team, you will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Proposals Manager for UKP to co-ordinate the effective management of the opportunity management process from pipeline identification through to invitation to tender. You will:
- Work closely with the Bidding team including Operational Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Managers and other operational personnel to develop bidding success strategies from the outset
- Liaise effectively and work closely with the management team across UKP to identify key pipeline opportunities to progress to tender and support the prioritisation process through strategic analysis of client and the competition
- Assist in maintaining and improving processes and challenging existing practices
- Be responsible for the development and preparation of opportunities from the business development stage through to issue of the tender documents
- Work with the Business Development Managers to understand the pipeline of opportunities that are available to UKP and support the senior management team in selecting the most favourable projects to convert into tender opportunities
- Establish design consultant pipeline and expertise and undertake pre-tender selection and governance process to engage suitable design consultants to support proposed opportunities
- Develop key collaborative relationships with designers and suppliers to support selected opportunities for progression to PQQ/ITT, ensuring that they are supported by robust commercial arrangements and are communicated to all members of the team
- Develop early win strategies and solutions aligned to company objectives to support the selection of opportunities and prepare the bidding teams for upcoming tenders
- Support the Proposals Manager to manage, develop and write quality bid solutions, ensuring submissions are aligned with the strategies proposed during the selection process
- Assist with preparation and delivery of presentations to clients
- Attend post tender client feedback sessions and prepare reports based on the issues discussed
- Ensure the effective maintenance of databases of relevant information to support business development, bidding and communications
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Car Allowance / Company Car + Fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have extensive experience in successfully performing a Business Development or Bid management role within Airfields / Highways / Civil Engineering sectors, ideally at senior level. You will also:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of bid management processes and implementation of win strategies to convert to opportunities into secured projects
- Experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities particularly in relation to design management
- Understand commercial and legal issues that need to be considered when bidding opportunities
- Be an excellent communicator across all levels
- Can lead, motivate and develop others
- Be able to think creatively and provide innovative solutions
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.