Operations Manager Recycling / Fibredec Surface Dressing
Due to growth within the business we are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee our Recycling and Fibredec Surface dressing part of the business. The Operations Manager will report to the Business Manager and ensure that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality, Health & Safety and Environment standards.
You will be responsible for 2 permanent members of staff and up to 40 Operatives. In this dynamic and fast paced environment you will encounter a variety of responsibilities and duties to match your current experience.
You will also:
- Effectively Manage the Business ensuring that financial performance is achieved in line with Budget.
- Assist the Business Manager to prepare the annual revenue budgets
- Develop the Retread Recycling & Fibredec/Surface Dressing Businesses through close liaison with the customers.
- Ensure all work is carried out to Company Safety, Environment and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives on these matters
- Manage SHEQ within area, To understand the COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the Processes he/she is involved with, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned
- Assist is Risk Assessment Studies on the Processes they are involved with
- All sites are properly programmed and resourced
- Motivate staff and labour
- Debt collection when required
- Quality Assurance and Contracting procedures are understood and followed and carry out regular reviews of non-conformances and complaints through the QA System
- Monitor remedial works and identify and eliminate causes of failure
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- All operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Car or Car allowance
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- On-going training, and personal professional development
- Flexible benefits which include: Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an Operations Manager with previous experience in a similar role or you will be ready for the next level in your career. You will understand the importance of building relationships and have Health & Safety at the top of your priorities.
- Technical/Engineering background or formal qualification
- Operational Experience of Road Surfacing
- Operational experience in a managerial capacity in Highways contracting, preferably including Surface Treatments
- Good standard of general education.
- Excellent customer relations
- Managerial experience in a similar role
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Good understanding of the financial aspects of contracts management
- Able to plan ahead
- Good people management skills
- Good understanding of Supply-chain issues
- Committed to safety, quality and environment
- Self-motivated and flexible
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.