Marketing Officer - Campaigns and Planning
Marketing Officer - Campaigns and Planning - Crawley
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity available within our marketing team at our Head Office in Crawley. This is a chance for an experienced and highly credible marketing professional to take on a role with the scope to create, coordinate and execute integrated marketing campaigns in line with the wider marketing team, the Colas brand and the company’s strategic objectives.
About the Role
This is a newly created position in our marketing team reporting in to the Marketing Manager and working with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Officer (Communications) with a focus on analysis and planning, bringing together both print and digital marketing skills to create campaigns.
- Be responsible for detailed analysis and use to make recommendations to develop future plans
- Use an established tracking system as well as set up systems for marketing campaigns and online activities
- Produce communications, such as flyers, brochures and videos
- Assist with the production of artwork, sourcing images, print buying and checking copy
- Write copy for marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites
- Create design briefs for both the in house design team and external agencies
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external agencies and providers
- Update the website CMS as required
- Understand the product and customer profile, work with the marketing team to develop an annual communication plan
- Monitor ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur
- Assist in the production of ongoing competitor analysis and reporting
- Assist team members with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinate marketing projects and activities as requested
- Organise the production of branded items such as stationery and merchandise
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification such as CIM
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be a passionate marketing professional with strong commercial aptitude and understanding with significant experience working in a similar role in a business-to-business (B to B) environment.
You will also:
- Be able to show strong evidence of planning, analysing and pulling together integrated marketing campaigns incorporating print and digital marketing methods
- Be a great relationship builder and be able to work in collaboration with agencies for creative elements and time-tabling
- Have experience creating and coordinating campaigns including content writing, design and PR
- Hold an undergraduate degree and be working towards or willing to work towards CIM
- Have a strong command of written English and copy accuracy
- Have the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.