Manufacturer - Warrington
Manufacturer - Warrington
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Manufacturer to join our Production team based in Warrington. You will be:
- Responsible for allocated manufacturing activities and liaising with the Bulk Supervisor.
- Responsible for any manufacturing work to be carried out safely, adhering to Risk assessments with regard to Safety of all other personnel.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to completing tasks is paramount
- Responsible for the reporting of any plant breakdowns to the Bulk Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Ensuring Manufacturing procedures are accurately followed as per training and guidance provided.
- Liaise with the Bulk Supervisor/Production Manager regarding any training needs.
- Responsible for liaising with the Bulk Supervisor regarding raw material stock control and raw material ordering
- Responsible for good housekeeping standards within area of responsibility.
- Responsible to help the Bulk Supervisor complete Manufacturing Department monthly checklists
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have experience working with liquids manufacturing and have a background in warehouse environments. You will have good time management skills and the ability to plan your own workload, working under pressure to meet deadlines.
You will also have:
- A flexible approach
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when required, based on the needs of production
- An eye for detail – highlighting any equipment needs or problems to the Bulk Supervisor
- Good relationship management, as you will be working closely with the Bulk Supervisor on a daily basis
- Awareness of health & safety
- Good decision making skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.