Managing Quantity Surveyor
In this role you will report in to the Commercial Manager for the division, providing expertise and strategic planning both pre and post tender with regards to all quantity surveying for all of our maintenance contracts. You will be using your knowledge and influencing skills to advise and support the division, implement new processes, ensure cost efficiency and continuous improvement. You will be responsible for reviewing tenders, monitoring commercial targets, working with the Legal Manager to asses risk and providing timely reports to the senior management team.
You will assist in the preparation and negotiation of subcontracts, ensuring all of our contractual obligations are met to a high standard. As a leading expert within the division, you will also be responsible for supervising, mentoring and encouraging all subordinate staff in their personal professional development, welfare, safety and ongoing training.
You will be a driven and experienced surveying professional who has previously worked at a strategic level with a proven ability to lead, develop and mentor others and influence key decision-making. You will also have:
- A detailed understanding of company management systems including commercial, financial, procurement, risk management, personnel management and up to date legislative knowledge.
- A good working knowledge of contracts, ideally NEC but knowledge of other contracts could be transferable.
- An in depth understanding of commercial issues facing construction projects with experience working within the construction industry, ideally within the highways sector, but other backgrounds will be considered.
- Experience in negotiating with subcontractors and a thorough understanding of bill of quantities and measurement issues.
- Experience developing commercial processes both pre and post tender.
- Excellent analytical skills to be able to collate and interpret crucial data to present to the management and project teams.
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and credibility to be able to influence key decision-making using your knowledge and expertise.
- You must either hold a CSCS card or have previously held a CSCS card and be able to obtain one if offered the position.
- Ideally qualified, working towards or willing to work towards a professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Up to 6% pension contribution when you pay in 4%
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.