- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to all site personnel.
- Efficient management of all secured contracts ensuring management of Key Client expectations / contracts whilst ensuring maximum financial recovery of all works through contract manipulation
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
- Provide guidance as to the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget assisting with the financial performance of contracts,
- Develop good relations with all key and potential clients.
- Ensure all personnel comply with company procedures.
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs.
- Undertake safety audits [4per annum] as designated
- Demonstrate and deploy strong contractual and commercial awareness.
- Prepare and agree all additional works and variations valuations ensuring documented records are maintained and regularly agreed.
- Hold a good level of experience in highway construction and maintenance.
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available, assist coordination and procured in conjunction with financial authorities.
- Effective time management between site and office duties as required to effectively administer works measurement and properly discharge your duties.
- Attend pre start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Guarantee compliance with company’s safety & quality procedures.
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services adhering to financial authority levels
- Liaise with Aone+ in the provision and agreement of resource recharge ensuring timely, accurate and maximum cost recovery
- Analysis of cost capture sheets ensuring accurate population and presentation of all plant and labour returns
- Provision of timely and correct information for invoicing in accordance with the companies accounting timetable
- Prepare and submit all valuations to all clients within agreed and contract stated timescales
- Respond to all queries within reasonable and good time
- Establish and nurture good working relationships with the commercial links in Aone+ in all MAC areas
- Identify areas of non-compliance by Operations to the Contracts Manager and Commercial team in a timely manner
- Recognise areas of poor commercial practice ensuring all elements are addressed, ensuring efficient deployment at all times e.g. provision of materials and subcontractors which are loss leaders.
- Assist the Contracts Manager in ensuring all appropriate duties are delivered within appropriate timescales.
- Check that all agreed payments for staff[blue and white collar staff] are collated and signed for by Aone+ to enable invoicing and resulting payment
- Support with subcontract processing along with production of suitable terms and conditions appropriate to works ensuring business exposure is minimised and limited.
- The preparation of cost reports & budgets for procurement related items.
- Preparation of periodic scheme measures and valuations in coordination with relevant clients.
- Organise early warning notices in conjunction with site operational teams with subsequent compensation event valuation for both invoice submission and internal reporting.
- Review and respond to any contractual issues.
- Coordinate and maintain close and good lines of communication with other members of the team and business, to meet requirements and objectives.
- Interact with estimating and site teams providing assistance where appropriate together with reports, advice and other information to the business as required.
- Help the contracts manager with the collation and provision of budgetary information.
- Synchronisation and interaction with local business unit contracts manager to compile and report monthly trading analysis.
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction/Civil Engineering/ Quantity surveying.
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – A to C.
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance.
- 1 year in a similar discipline on fast track motorways and trunk roads.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements.
- Experience of HR procedures in employment and discipline.
- Understanding of working on MAC contracts.
- Previous experience of NEC & ICE contract standards.
- Full clean driving license.
- Knowledge of business management systems.
- Good leadership and planning / organisational qualities.
- Business acumen.
- Development of others.
- Good communication.
- Achievement / Results driven.
- Client focused with regular dialogue and interaction – Internal / External.
- Detailed knowledge of the industry.
- Problem solving.
- Attend cost capture and progress meetings.
- Assist with tenders.
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures.
- Performance management of all staff.
- Decent written and oral skills.
- Analytical thinker.
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability.
- Worthy understanding of accountancy practice.
- Must be a team player.
- Good time management.
- Respectable Supervisor and motivator.
- Commitment to business success.
- Flexibility of approach.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
- Committed to partnering and Integration.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Motivated by results.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.