ITS Workshop Test and Repair Engineer
Location: West Hallam
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have a great opportunity at our West Hallam office for an experienced electrical engineer to join us. You will have responsibility for the testing and repairing Colas variable message signs, AMIs and roadside controllers in addition to 3rd party products. To be located at Highways England National Logistics Distribution Centre.
About the Role
You will work within our repair workshop and build strong relationships both Highways England and third line service staff to enhance and protect the reputation of Colas and Colas products. You will be responsible for testing and repairing all equipment which enters the workshop within a reasonable time-frame. You will also:
- Responsible for the fault diagnosis and repair of Colas VMS, AMI’s and Roadside Controllers in addition 3rd Party VMS and AMI products
- Follow set down workshop procedures and help develop and maintain best practice
- Investigate and repair PCBs to component level including surface mount technology developing new repair procedures and cost savings
- Meet and exceed performance targets to ensure on time delivery of repaired equipment
- Work to Colas Quality and environmental systems plus adherence to Highways England local working requirements
- Liaison with Highways England, the Third Line Service provider, Regional Technology Maintenance Contractors, and smart motorways contractors providing technical support on Colas ITS products
- Identify innovative solutions to meet client requirements
- Demonstrate discretion in respect to confidential and commercial information when interfacing with external contractors or customers
- Undertake risk assessments and prepare method statements for all works undertaken
- Liaising with other members of the ITS team and sharing best practice
- Continual improvement
- Work on own initiative and unsupervised to complete tasks allocated in a timely and efficient manner
As well as competitive rates of pay, Colas also offer:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
We are looking for an experienced ITS Engineer or a knowledgeable individual with experience working in an equivalent role such a Highways Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Highways Electrician, Commissioning Engineer or Highways Technology Engineer. In addition to significant experience within the highways engineering industry and experience working on Local Authority or Highways England contracts you will:
- Hold an HNC in Electronics, Telecommunications, or equivalent
- Have experience in highway technology maintenance, with a strong roadside technology equipment background
- Have experience with replacing relevant PCBs and components to return the equipment to normal operation
- Have experience in the use of diagnostic test equipment, i.e. PC Based Diagnostic Programs, Oscilloscope, Fluke DVM, programmable Power Supplies
- Be able to Identifying faults, repair and maintain electronic equipment
- Hold a full clean UK driving license
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.