ITS Traffic Signals Supervisor
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our highly innovative Integrated Transport Systems (ITS) area of the business, which specialises in the use of smart technology and systems for traffic signalling, traffic monitoring and enforcement cameras, variable message signs, access control systems, street lighting and ancillary roadside equipment. Colas has invested in developing the next generation of traffic solutions with the amazing potential of our Wattway solar panel road surface already being recognised – delivering more efficient and safer journeys for road users.
About the Role
As the ITS Traffic Signals Supervisor, you will be responsible for maintaining the safe operation of out traffic signals contracts with primary technical responsibility for installation and maintenance. You will:
- Oversee the day-to-day Traffic Signals Installation work.
- Supply Traffic Signals knowledge / assistance to estimators
- Install Traffic Signals schemes from order to completion
- Liaise and attend contract meetings with Clients
- Ensure Health and Safety, PPE rules and all aspects of Health and Safety are adhered to
- Arrange work or Traffic Signals installation teams
- Co-ordinate plant & transport requirements for construction & legal compliance
- Ensure work sheets and plant returns are completed and submitted
- Inspect work carried out to control the quality of work being carried out
- Investigate any non-conformances
- Liaise with Operations Manager on preparation of final applications for payment and invoices
- Prepare invoices and applications for payments in readiness to be submitted to clients in a timely manor
- Liaise with ITS finance manager providing information for Month end processes and reportingThis role offers very competitive rates of pay as well as:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Company van
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- 6% company pension contribution
We are looking for an experienced ITS Traffic Signals Supervisor with experience in highways traffic signals installation, testing and commission. You will also:
- Have an excellent understanding and experience in the application of safety legislation and corporate safety procedures
- Strong communication skills and be able to lead by example as the role involves supervising a team
- Hold a City & Guilds Part 1 and 2 electrical installations qualification or equivalent
- 2391 testing and BS 7671 17th Edition
- HERS accreditation
- Demonstrate strong IT Skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.