ITS Products & Manufacturing Manager
ITS Products & Manufacturing Manager – Grantham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Our Integrated Transport Systems division are currently recruiting for an ITS Products & Manufacturing Manger to work out of our Grantham office.
The ITS Products & Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Colas’ ITS products and manufacturing including quality control and measuring. Managing the suppliers, procurement and manufacturing of, traffic and LRT signal heads, traffic signal controllers, morph units, nearside demand & indicator units, tactile units and detector packs.
- To provide assistance, support and cover to the Technical and Product Managers for daily activities, including material ordering, generating manufacture processes as required for production staff and the supply chain.
- Implement and manage Kanban ITS product production
- Facilitate BSI Quality, Environmental, and Health & Safety audits.
- Facilitate Internal Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety audits.
- Facilitate other appropriate audits, including HERS/HEMSA, and ARTSM.
- Assist in the close out of any corrective actions arising from internal and external audits.
- Collate, analyse and report manufacturing activity, costs and output.
- Manage all Colas Ltd owned “Tooling” and assets held by moulding and casting suppliers.
- Manage component stock for the manufacturing of all ITS products.
- Manage the external sales of Colas ITS products to clients
- Develop and maintain ITS product literature including manufacturing and operating manuals and marketing literature.
- Maintain training and HEA records for ITS product development and production staff.
- Introduce, manage, measure and monitor manufacturing systems.
- Facilitate associated training sessions.
- Organisation and development of Lean site activities.
- Introduce, monitor and measure all manufacturing associated processes.
- Provide assistance, support and cover for quality control testing
- Carry out and record monthly quality inspections to review the quality control activities against appropriate standards/requirements.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment to comply with legal and corporate requirements and to minimise the risk of any environmental impact.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 28 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a manufacturing & management diploma along with a BSI quality management diploma. You will have a proven background of setting up and managing technical product manufacturing systems and processes. Experience of manufacturing and testing to relevant standards for electrical and electronic products is essential and recent experience of management within the ITS sector and relevant product manufacturing would be an advantage.
You will also have:
- Ability to statistically record activity levels
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication and liaison skills
- IT Literate – Microsoft Packages and experience in using databases
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to expand within role
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.