- Responsible for reviewing and gaining a comprehensive knowledge of all equipment and systems within the ITS business, whilst evidencing your ability to retain this knowledge by delivering all the Installation and commissioning activities to the required standards.
- Accountable for carrying out all associated installation and commissioning works to specified designs and standards.
- Responsible for producing all associated test and, handover documentation within the required timescales and to the highest quality.
- Self-audit your own work activities to prevent errors or inaccuracies occurring.
- Provide accurate daily reporting on operational progress within individual contracts and projects.
- Supporting the ITS Operations Managers and Contract Managers in their decision making, by communicating all on-site considerations effectively to ensure these decisions don’t adversely affect our clients works.
- Supporting the ITS Operation Manager(s) in producing your HEA/NHSS 8 Sector Scheme portfolio.
- Liaise and supervise third party subcontractors engaged in operational activities.
- Responsible for being the operational frontline of the ITS business and, ensuring that our established and potentially new client relationships are maintained and developed through your professional approach.
- Proactively identify areas of H&S risks whilst conducting your on-site works.
- Demonstrate discretion in respect to confidential and commercial information when interfacing with external contractors or customers.
- Undertake risk assessments and method statement reviews for all works undertaken
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Assure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- HNC in Telecommunications or an Electrical/electronic professional qualifications.
- Site Supervisory safety training scheme (SSSTS) Desirable
- HEA/NHSS 8 Authorised Officer Desirable
- Hold a valid ECS/CSCS card
- G39 qualified
- Electrically Qualified to;
- BS 7671 wiring regulations (17th Edition)
- City & Guilds 2330 or 2365 level 3 or Equivalent
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Desirable
- Fibre Optic qualified Desirable
- Fully IT literate to an intermediate capability of Microsoft applications
- Hold a valid IPAF card
- Knowledge of Local Authority and, or, Highways England
- Experienced with regular external customer contact in support of delivery requirements
- Understanding of working with IP and RS485 feed equipment
- Identifying faults, repairing and maintaining electronic equipment
- Experienced and competent to work on electrical installations
- Resilient and able to problem solve when under pressure in the field
- Must possess a deep customer centric delivery focus
- Proven experience of working within a telecoms fixed line engineering environment
- Experience of working with, and jointing/splicing copper and Fibre cables
- Effective time management techniques are required to organise the work load associated to this role
- Prioritise own activities via consultation with line manager
- Ability to identify errors within Technical designs and drawings.
- Possess the ability to switch between tasks/projects, and handles disruptions from telephone calls and electronic communications several times a day
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- The role will be mainly in an external environment, specifically high speed roads, which include factors such as adverse weather and environmental conditions, the general public, a significant level of manual handling
- Full clean UK driving licence, ability to travel
- Overnight stays when required
- Able to work at heights
- Ability to work in confined space
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.