ITS Design Manager
- Champion full compliance with contractual H&S procedures and requirements at all times by all staff and lead by example.
- Responsible for the production of safe and economic scheme designs.
- Implement the Brighton and Hove Street Lighting Contract QMS with respect to design delivery to assure that staff are delivering work in accordance with current standards and specification requirements.
- Implement statutory requirements with regard to compliance with CDM regulations. Buy in to the effective delivery of all ITS projects.
- Act as the first point of contact for all ITS design requirements.
- Efficiently delegate delivery responsibilities to staff in line with their competence and to promote their development.
- Assist in the development of succession and business continuity plans for the ITS design team.
- Be the Line Manager to the Design Engineer/Assistant Cad Technician.
- Maintain, monitor and assess Brighton and Hove Street Lighting budgets.
- Produce budget forecasts for design requirements as required.
- Produce both in year and forward design programmes and in collaboration with the Senior Contract Manager integrate these into the ITS business delivery program.
- Provide reports as required by Senior Contract Manager and ITS Business Manager.
- Support the ITS Operations Manager(s) to ensure efficient delivery of schemes works.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to generate designs that are cost effective to all clients.
- Liaise with all clients and stakeholders and develop best practice working.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Senior Contract Manager in connection with the business, its stakeholders and customers.
- Take overall responsibility for Performance Indicators applicable to design activities. Manage and monitor requirements and report monthly.
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Membership of Professional Engineering organisation to Chartered status
- Highly IT competent
- Experienced user of AutoCAD, MS Project and MS Office software
- Full driving licence
- Engineering design for ITS schemes
- Experienced user of industry standard software
- Thorough knowledge of CMS regulations
- Experience of ITS and Street Lighting maintenance contracts
- Knowledge of managing programmes of ITS and Street Lighting Schemes
- Management of a team in relation to professional and personal issues.
- Production of safe, buildable, cost efficient designs for ITS and Street Lighting schemes
- Involvement of operating within a permitting scheme.
- Proven capability to produce competent, safe, buildable, designs for ITS and Street Lighting schemes and manage others in their production of the same.
- Time management and prioritisation of work for self and team against changing demands of network needs.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Brilliant communication skills (written and verbal). Able to communicate clearly and appropriately within the design team, the company and with clients.
- Adaptable and flexible to cope with the variety of responsibilities involved and to suit peaks and high troughs in work load in highly pressurised situations
- Strong commercial focus
- Team player
- Focused in driving your career forward
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.