ITS Administrator (6-12 Month Contract)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our Integrated Transport Systems team are major innovators within the highways technology arena. Having showcased some of their most advanced work recently with the launch of the Wattway project in the North West, the business area is going from strength to strength. As an Administrator, you will support the ITS depot at Gatwick with all administration, CRM system management, cost recording and reception duties.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the office reception and interacting with suppliers, clients, customers and visitors, assisting them as necessary as well as providing administration support to the ITS office. As part of the role you will:
- Take public and business calls and maintain the telephone lists
- Maintain Connex (Colas Intranet Site) data for the ITS Business
- Book hotel accommodation and travel for appropriate staff via our system ‘Clarity’
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with HR administration tasks such as recording of sickness and holiday
- Co-ordinate the security system
- Add new opportunities and orders to the CRM database as well as ordering office supplies
- Input labour and plant returns to the cost capture system (LISA)
- Raise Purchase orders on the Colas purchasing system (COUPA)
- Ensure that the exposure hours are reported accurately to Head Office the 1st week of each month
- Maintain records for all defect and fuel receipts for all ITS vehicles
- Process site paperwork and update installation spreadsheet and send site paperwork to the contractor
- Ensure that all operations carried out within the area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, members of staff and yourself
- Deal with internal and external queries, accurately and efficiently
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be an experienced Administrator who is used to managing a varied and busy workload who enjoys interacting with clients and customers both over the phone and face to face. You will also:
- Have previous experience of highways infrastructure or transportation systems
- Show an understanding of safety legislation and corporate safety procedures
- Be able to pick up new systems quickly and manage the up-keep of multiple databases
- Be computer literate including good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Show a willingness to develop your skills and areas of knowledge
- Be able to demonstrate that you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working and enjoy taking on new tasks and learning new skills
Closing Date: 23rd July 2019
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.