International Business Development Manager
About the Role
You will work closely with Colas’ regional managers and the Executive Director to identify strategically aligned opportunities for winning work in the target geographical locations. You will provide market intelligence and input to business planning and budgeting requirements for the contracting elements of the work-stream.
An intrinsic part of this role will be to establish, develop and maintain client relationships at all levels within both UK and international design consultancies and contractors as well as subsidiaries of the International Colas Group, ensuring sources of funding are researched to make sure that prospects are viable.
You will be key in identifying routes to market including suitable joint venture partners and support, contribute to, and generate submissions of interest; pre-qualifications, tenders and other documentation as required in accordance with accepted processes and procedures.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- Annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications fully funded
You will have previous experience working in Africa and developing relationships and business opportunities with connections within the UK Department for International Trade and first-hand knowledge of UKEF funding process.
You will also have:
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the construction industry processes including design, with industry contacts in the highways and / or airfields industry.
- Previous experience in a managerial position with experience of strategy development with an excellent understanding of contracting in the international environment.
- A good understanding of the commercial and financial processes of work winning and the bid process.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.