International Business Development Manager - Uganda
- Work closely with the Colas regional managers and work stream Director to identify strategically aligned opportunities for winning new work in the defined international geographic area.
- Input to develop and refine the international strategy in conjunction with the work stream Director.
- Identify key areas of opportunity and business growth on which to focus and deploy resource.
- To provide market intelligence that will input to business planning and budgeting requirements for the contracting elements of the work stream.
- Establish, develop and maintain client relationships at all levels and to provide strategic relationship management where appropriate including UK and international design consultants and contractors.
- Identify key routes to market including suitable local joint venture partners.
- Liaise with regional subsidiaries of the International Colas Group in the identification, development and pursuit of overseas opportunities.
- Support, contribute to, and generate submissions of interest; pre-qualifications, tenders and other documentation as required in accordance with accepted processes and procedures.
- Develop bid strategies and win themes based on developed prospect knowledge and maximising the utilisation of synergies with regional Colas subsidiaries where they exist.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of competitors’ processes as well as monitoring their commercial strategy and activity.
- Promote the use of safe, sustainable, innovative in-house solutions and value management wherever possible.
- Ensure that sources of funding are researched to ensure prospects are viable.
- Develop and deploy marketing strategies including identification, organisation and attendance at relevant conferences and seminars.
- Organise and participate in arranging site visits with / for clients.
- Ensure that the CRM system is fully updated following all visits and discussions with customers.
- Conduct every-day work activities in accordance with the company core values and maintain the highest standards of ethics and corporate compliance at all times.
- Support and take an active part, where appropriate, in the company-wide drive to excellence through the EFQM initiative.
- Carry out other related duties as and when required by the line manager
- Produce monthly reports detailing progress of prospect development and up to date performance of the identified territory.
- Qualification in Business Management and / or Construction –degree level preferable.
- Demonstration of continuous professional development.
- Technical and legal qualifications/training (optional).
- Previous experience working in Africa.
- First-hand knowledge of UKEF funding process.
- Well connected with UK Department for International Trade.
- Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its key processes including design.
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements.
- Industry contacts in the airport sector at national and international level.
- Understanding of contracting in the international environment.
- Previous experience in management posts and strategy development.
- Resourceful, driven and highly motivated.
- Able to develop strategy and implement business plans.
- Ability to statistically record, analyse and monitor market data.
- Good level of commercial & financial awareness including the bid process.
- Skilled in problem solving/analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good personal organisation.
- Developed negotiation skills.
- Brilliant customer relationship and stakeholder management.
- Sensitive to cultural aspects of engaging stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous development & innovation.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.