In-House Resourcer - Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
The key focus of this role is to deliver resourcing support across all business units within Colas Ltd. This role will be recruiting for specialist positions as well as high volume roles, including permanent and temporary opportunities, focussing on junior level roles with some exposure to senior level roles when supporting the Resourcing partners.
About the Role
The In-house Resourcer will work closely with the regional team and managers up to director level, assisting in the delivery of the people strategy through sourcing relevant skills to meet strategic objectives and building good relationships to support the businesses recruitment needs.
You will also:
- Provide resourcing support to all business areas within all regions – recruitment of roles within agreed salary banding
- Apprentice, Graduate and Internship recruitment
- Liaise with the regional teams to fully understand future resourcing needs
- Advise and decide on the most appropriate recruitment solution for positions
- Use social media avenues such as LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook to source suitable candidates
- Collaborating with HR to support colleagues and ensure candidates have a positive recruitment and on boarding experience
- Champion the Apprenticeship levy and be seen as the organisations subject matter expert
- Working closely with the business to understand their apprenticeship requirements and identify appropriate apprenticeship standards
- Liaise with colleges and training providers to identify the most suitable solutions for the delivery of the apprenticeship standards
- Ensure that apprentices are enrolled on a programme in a timely manner and be the go to person for all enrolment documentation
- Support the graduate/apprentice programme through the complete resourcing cycle - from creative recruitment through to the organisation of the assessment centres and on-boarding.
- Work with local communities to promote career opportunities such as Colleges, Schools and Job Centres.
- Engage with Managers and develop a good understanding of all areas within region
- Manage the process from start to finish, ensuring job briefs are in line with the business / functional needs, individuals are recruited within the timeframes specified
- Field applications, telephone interview, liaise with advertising agencies, headhunt as required
- Provide HR Business Partner weekly recruitment report, including current vacancies and candidate list
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have experience running recruitment campaigns from start to finish with a breadth of experience recruiting both blue and white collar roles, senior and entry level positions. You will also:
- Have previous experience working in an in-house recruitment team
- Be able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
- Be process driven, delivering a fair and consistent recruitment process within realistic deadlines for managers as well as strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Have a strong aptitude to interpret job briefs and write engaging job adverts with a strong attention to detail
- Have experience using Boolean search, CV databases and LinkedIn
- Be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.