ICT Support Technician (6 Month FTC)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
We currently have a 6-month contract opportunity available at our head office for an experienced ICT Technician to join the team. This role is to maintain and support all PC based ICT systems at Colas Ltd locations. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Colas business functions which rely on the provision of ICT systems.
- Maintaining high levels of user satisfaction, using communications skills to manage expectations.
- Striving to exceed Service Level Commitments.
- Receiving and solve problems by telephone, remote working, email and face to face contact.
- Hardware and software installations, documentation and support.
- Working with and advising users in accordance with Colas ICT Policy
- Providing the best solution, not the easiest, in a flexible and proactive manner.
- Carrying out other appropriate duties as assigned by the ICT Manager.
Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be a proven ICT professional with excellent attention to detail when working quickly. As you will be working as part of a team, you will be able to demonstrate that you are a team player and be an excellent communicator with all service users. In addition, you will:
- Be able to manage your own work load and be able to prioritise a variety of tasks.
- Have strong computer literacy including a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365.
- Have knowledge of IP network technologies, PC’s and peripherals.
- Have broad knowledge of general PC hardware and Microsoft software.
- Have good knowledge of Networking and IP including DNS & DHCP.
- Be able to work within a team but also use own initiative.
- Be conscientious and diligent.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Be proactive and responsible, willing to go the extra mile.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.