Human Resources Business Partner
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
Business Area Policy Implementation
- Own and ensure consistent delivery of all HR policies, systems and processes in nominated business area(s), including supporting recruitment, performance management processes, reward and employee relations issues.
- Work closely with HR specialist functions (e.g L&D, HR Shared Services) to contribute to and implement the agreed HR processes and policies within business area(s).
- Oversee any business change or restructuring initiatives and work with local business managers to minimise employee litigation and assist with complex conflict resolution and the management of change.
- Lead annual compensation and benefits review for own area, drawing on support from HR shared services for support in delivery.
- Facilitate talent reviews and implement talent strategies within the business area as appropriate.
- Agree and implement learning and development plans across the business area, aligned to business needs.
Business Advice and Support
- Develop strong understanding of business area and the people & HR related issues and requirements of that business.
- Provide HR support to business area(s) according to the HR processes and strategy developed.
- Manage all HR issues arising within business area(s).
- Keep abreast of all HR and employment legislation, communicate this information in a timely manner to all employees and business managers as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers regarding employee terms and conditions, employment law and Colas policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees know how to effectively access HR information and services (eg through self-service, help-lines, policy documentation etc).
- Support business leaders in interactions with employee representative groups including trade unions, works councils, Employment Advisors, etc. If applicable, input into organisation-wide agreements to promote the interests of the organisation.
- Take responsibility for implementing any changes to Terms and Conditions in your area(s) and manage the TUPE process on any contracts won and lost, as required.
- Attend and advise at disciplinary hearings and appeals.
- Advise and attend at grievance hearings and appeals.
- Give advice and guidance to managers on sickness absence monitoring and ill-health procedures.
- Define job grades for new positions and liaise with managers to ensure consistent grade allocation across the business.
- Ensure there is an appropriate workforce and recruitment plan developed to identify requirements and skill gaps etc.
- Liaise with recruitment team to ensure managers are clear in the recruitment process and competent in deploying.
HR Process improvement
- Help review HR policies and processes, identifying any problems in area of responsibility and escalating recommendations for change to the relevant specialist/HR department.
- Contribute as required to regular HR reporting.
- Employee morale / Employee retention.
- Business satisfaction with HR service.
- Effective implementation of agreed HR policies and processes.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Assure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Minimum A level education or equivalent.
- Preferred CIPD Graduate.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of five years HR experience.
- Experience and knowledge of HR operations and generalist activities.
- Knowledge of annual compensation and benefits review processes, recruitment activities (including interviews) and employee relations conflicts resolution.
- Skill of working with and influencing business leaders.
- Understanding of change management.
- Excellent knowledge of up to date employment law.
- Brilliant attention to detail.
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Great personal organisation.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.