HR and L&D Advisor - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ centralised HR team are recruiting for an HR and L&D Advisor to work as part of the HR team providing a responsive support to line management in the implementation of HR Policies and practices in support of business objectives, covering business units in our central region. The team is structured regionally with HR Administrators and Advisors to support the North, South and Central regions respectively.
About the Role
The HR and L&D Advisor will work with the HR Business Partner and Organisational Development Manager to identify, design, deliver and evaluate professional “best in class” learning & development, in order to meet the developing needs of the business. The main duties are:
- Be the first point of contact for all matters in relation to resourcing, employee relations, talent management, and performance management within areas of remit.
- Develop strong understanding of business area and the people & HR related issues and requirements of that business.
- Delivery of comprehensive first line HR and L&D service to management teams, escalating where appropriate.
- Assist Managers to provide end to end resolution of employee relations issues such as conduct, capability and grievance, escalating as appropriate.
- Work with the business to ensure the correct application of HR policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Resourcing Partners in relation to the appointment of new roles within remit.
- Maintain close working relationship with other members of the HR Team to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Provision of advice and coaching on HR management issues, including terms and conditions, grievance, discipline, employment law, general statutory requirements such as Work Permits
- To support the PPA process and ensure all PPA’s and PDP’s are received within areas of remit.
- Must ensure HR presence in the region and on site
- Assist as and when required in other business units
- Organise and assist Health Surveillance in line with the Company policy within areas of remit.
- Work with Organisational Development Manager to ensure succession plan is up to date and regular discussions are had with management regarding the potential and performance of their people.
- Keep abreast of all HR and employment legislation, communicate this information in a timely manner to all employees and business managers as appropriate
- Help review HR and L&D policies and processes, identifying any problems in area of responsibility and escalating recommendations for change to the relevant specialist/HR department.
- Work closely with the regional team to ensure management and administration of people matters are carried out efficiently.
- Manage and review the design and delivery of training material to support all Operational interventions including induction (where required), behavioural and project training requirements.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Line Managers to solve specific learning challenges either on a one-to-one basis or in groups, in order to achieve business excellence.
- Champion the implementation of learning and development and the creation of a learning culture within the business
- Work with key stakeholders and internal customers to ensure solutions meet customer needs.
- Act as an ambassador for utilising technology as a means to drive individual learning and deliver cost effective learning solutions through the Learning Management System.
- Other transversal missions and project to support the delivery of the HR & Talent Development strategy.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have experience as a HR professional in a multi-site environment and preferably be CIPD qualified. You will also:
- Be able to develop positive & productive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Be able to challenge status quo – innovative thinker. Takes ownership of own personal/professional development.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be organised & have good time management
- Be a confident communicator – verbal and written and in meetings
- Understand importance of and proactive in building relationships
- Understand commercial environment in which company operates
- Committed to high level of service delivery
- Demonstrate analytical, creative & proactive thinking
- Professional integrity
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.