HR and L&D Administrator
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ centralised HR team are based at our head officer in Crawley and support the business nationwide with all HR administration, Learning and Development, HR Business Partnering and Recruitment. The team is structured regionally with HR Administrators to support the North, South and Central regions respectively.
About the Role
You will provide the full range of administrative duties for internal customers within areas of responsibility and to assist the HR Business Partners and L&D Management in achieving the implementation of all HR policies and procedures within the company, supporting our North region. The main duties are:
- Administration of all starters and leavers (Snowdrop, Contractual Documents, Self-Service, Induction, New Starter documentation, equipment, informing all relevant depts. etc.)
- Liaise with Payroll department and all payroll administration
- Input data and maintenance of HR ICT Information Systems – Snowdrop & HRA
- Issue Offer letters and Contracts to all monthly and weekly paid staff – ensuring the return of signed documentation and consistent application of process
- Pensions administration and liaison with Punter Southall & Co and weekly auto-enrolment
- All administration relating to salary/wage increases and bonus letters and maternity and paternity leave
- Monitor and log sickness absence to ensure no over-payments occur and produce any associated correspondence
- Process BACS requisitions for employee payments
- Manage the HR Services mailbox ensuring a maximum turn-around time of 48 hours for all enquiries, such as self-service password management enquiries
- Deal with holiday enquiries including the processing of Buying and Selling Holiday requests
- Monitor return of all new starter documentation within specified time frame, such as contractual documents, references, induction paperwork, training documentation, medical questionnaire etc.
- Liaise with Induction champions to coordinate completion of New starter inductions - carry out inductions where required.
- Booking training courses and tests, issuing joining instructions and evaluation forms (use online surveys where appropriate)
- Assisting with processing applications for industry schemes and recording industry accreditations and renewals
- Be the point of contact for managers in respect of HR and training admin queries
- Provide administrative support to the team
- As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have previous work experience in an HR / Learning and Development role and be able to demonstrate familiarity and understanding of HR processes and procedures. You will also:
- Be CIPD Level 3 qualified or studying towards it, or an interest in studying
- Hold a GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise a wide variety of tasks, managing line manager expectations as appropriate
- Be able to work to SLAs and strict deadlines to process paperwork and documentation effectively
- Demonstrate a good understanding of HR paperwork and legal requirements with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and follow HR policy
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.