About the Role
To carry out highways safety inspections on the network, ensuring compliance with the model contract specifications in collaboration with the “Well Maintained ACOP” and ensuring accurate records are maintained with a target of minimum disruption and maintain optimum safety levels on the network.
To respond to enquiries made by all third parties in relation to Network Management and report observations on the network reference conditions of PFI and non-PFI assets and activities undertaken.
The ideal candidate will hold a current NRSWA Supervisors card, have Lantra City and Guilds Highways Safety Inspection training and hold a current UK driving licence. You will have a good working knowledge of IT systems such as Microsoft Office and Word and good analytical, verbal, reading and writing capabilities.
With over three year’s previous experience of working on highway maintenance contracts, you will show a good understating of “well managed Highway ACOP” and the “Highways Act 1980”, and demonstrate a basic knowledge of highways assets and surfacing treatments.
You will also:
- Provide customer service by adopting positive attitudes and helpful behaviour
- Have knowledge of the safety implications of highway works.
- Be trustworthy, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Have previous lone working experience
- Have a good level of physical fitness.
- Be able to multi task and work well under pressure
- Show strong risk management and influencing skills
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
Colas UK currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas UK.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.