Highways Apprentice x5
- Ensure that the correct standard of the required PPE is worn and that all personnel positively reflect the Company
- Provide assistance to all site personnel, whilst gaining practical site experience
- Assure appropriate use of small plant / tools gaining suitable competency certificates
- Zero LTI’s – to be explained in the interview
- Guarantee the safe and efficient discharge of the works to meet specification
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Certify Right First Time approach to all work. Zero defects
- Ensure you have understood all site specific method statements and risk assessments
- Attend training courses as and when relevant to ensure continued development
- Continued development of experience in highway construction and maintenance including surfacing
- Follow company procedures and adhere to company policies
- Identify and promote innovations in the work place
- Undertake ad hoc checks to ensure all plant and transport is kept in a serviceable condition, clean and defect free.
- Ensure all defect sheets completed and passed to line manager
- Understanding a flexible approach to their work and willingness to learn and carry out multiple tasks across the business
- Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Ensure all laying logs are recorded along with temperature checks of materials
- Effective time management between duties
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- Desirable GCSE Maths/English or equivalent – minimum Grade C
- Suitable construction experience and/or adherence in attending training courses when and where provided
- Previous exposure of working in a construction environment - desirable
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
Colas UK currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas UK.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.