Highway Asset Inspector
About the Role
Reporting to the Asset Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out the carriageway and footway assets scheme survey for life-cycle replacement and proactive maintenance schemes. You will carry out site inspections, validations, inventory audits and site investigations.
You will also:
- Be responsible for identifying coring locations and organising site package and construction data updates.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company van
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the machine and visual condition survey inspection based on UK PMS standards, maintenance of highway, highways assets management principles.
You will also:
- Hold an HNC qualification (or equivalent) in civil or transport engineering.
- Hold a valid and up to date CSCS card or be able to obtain one.
- Hold a full, UK driving licence.
- Have an excellent knowledge of surfacing material specification and relevant design standards including DMRB and other highway codes of practice.
- A good understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.