About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
You will drive HGV vehicles and carry out various repairs to the highway as instructed by means of the maestro defect management system and ensure that the works are carried out in a safe manner concerning colleagues and members of the public. You will also:
- Insure that full PPE is worn at all times inclusive of Hard hat, long sleeved hi viz shirt, hi viz trousers, and safety boots
- Be proficient in the use of small items of plant and ensure that the required tickets are obtained before use
- Ensure that vehicles are kept tidy and that vehicle defect sheets are filled in daily
- Ensure vehicle fobs are used at all times and faults are reported as and when
- Make sure the risk assessment is in place before any task is undertaken
- Ensure that all works are signed and guarded in accordance with the NRSWA – Red book
- Ensure all work is carried out to a high standard to avoid repeat visits
- Ensure tools and PPE are kept in good condition and looked after
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact
- Be diverse and have the ability to operate other HGV vehicles and actively participate in other disciplines related to Highway Maintenance activities
As well as a very competitive hourly rate, we are offering a host of other benefits, which include:
- Full time, 40 hour contract (Monday – Friday, some Saturdays and nights)
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- The chance to work with a highly skilled team and work for a well-established business
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
- Relevant, clean HGV Class 2 licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- NRSWA preferable
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.