Head Office Accountant (Maternity Cover)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We have an opportunity available at our centralised Head Office accounts team in Crawley for a period of 6 months, with a potential of being extended to 9-12 months. You will work alongside one other Head Office Accountant as well as an Accounts Assistant and report in to the Senior Head Office Accountant.
About the Role
As a Head Office Accountant, you will work to consolidate the management accounts produced by our regional Management Accountants who are based at our various depots across the country. As part of the role you will:
- Report variances to budget for monthly management accounts
- Collate and report on the company’s annual budget and phasing
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and monitor the spend against budget
- Code and raise invoices and consolidate monthly stock take
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Collate information on the company’s insurance premiums
- Process P11Ds
- Analyse shareholder reports and translate in to the appropriate format for submission to the Group Head Office in France
You will have previous experience working in a similar role and exposure to all-round accounting duties, you will also:
- Have excellent Excel skills and be able to use and change formulas and formatting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Have very strong attention to detail and the confidence to challenge potential errors or question reports where appropriate
- Be able to work well as part of a small team, willing to cover holidays where appropriate and pick up new skills quickly
- An AAT qualification is desirable
Closing Date: Tuesday 6th August
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.