Head of Procurement (National)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
This role can be based at any of our main hubs in Crawley, Leeds or Birmingham so we are able to welcome applicants from these areas. As Head of Procurement you will be reporting in to the Commercial Director and have responsibility for developing and maintaining a resilient and sustainable procurement strategy which provides Colas Limited with a competitive advantage, enabling the company to realise its growth and profitability targets.
About the Role
In this role you will work closely with Senior Business Managers to identify procurement needs across all business areas for group-wide designated common category groupings, analyse procurement data, develop strategy for procurement, and effectively manage the procurement process. You will also:
- Manage a team of c. 9 procurement professionals based UK wide
- Lead the procurement of and champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across Colas Limited
- Ensure sub-contract buying gains are maximized, working with the Projects Board to ensure ‘referenced’ sub-contractor choices are made at contract set up stage
- Actively contribute to enhancing profits through driving down cost and mitigation of market increases
- Report on project cost saving – deliver to Senior Management Team
- Assess, value and advise on commercial risks associated with supply chain
- Ensure that procurement policy, process and guidelines are applied with a consistent approach business wide
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate reportage demonstrating the effectiveness of strategic sourcing arrangements and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan
- Monitor supplier / category expenditures and trends
- Set and agree with the business leadership the criteria for evaluating Colas’ suppliers, and ensuring compliance with those criteria i.e. ethics
- Provide value engineering and innovation ideas for each element of the works using supply chain knowledge and market intelligence
- Promote the use of technology for procurement within the UK team, utilising Causeway and Coupa where available
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 28 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be a an experience supply chain / procurement professional who has worked at a Head of Procurement or Senior Procurement Manager level within the civil engineering or construction industry. You will also:
- Have previous experience managing the profit and loss and procurement department budget
- Have an excellent understanding of the construction / highways industry including the design process
- Be focussed on continuous development and business improvement to ensure an efficient and progressive procurement function
- Be talented at building relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to Health & Safety and Quality and Environmental principles
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success including identifying and implementing effective business management processes
- Possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially
Closing Date: 25th June 2019
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.