Head of International Business
About the Role
In this role you will report to the Executive Director for the Major Projects work-stream. You will manage and control the assets, labour force, subcontractors, equipment, monthly profit and loss and annual budgets. You will be a key driver in developing new business and client relationships including UK and international design consultants and contractors.
An important part of the role will be to work with the Executive Director to develop international strategy and identify key routes to market in the target geographical areas. This will require you to liaise with regional subsidiaries of the International Colas Group to pursue overseas opportunities.
You will have a strong influence and input into tendering activities as well as ensuring that contracts outside of your financial authority are discussed and agreed with the work-stream Executive Director. As the Head of International Business, you will work with the Executive Director to develop one and three year business plans, CAPEX plan, Training, Health and Safety and Environmental plans for the respective unit under your control.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- Annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
You will be managing a division, region or a number of important and sizable contracts in your current role within the civil engineering services or transport infrastructure sector.
You will also have:
- Experience managing a monthly profit and loss in an international contracting environment and an excellent understanding of the international contracting process with the ability to manage and develop business from a commercial and technical perspective.
- Demonstrable success in an international work winning role previously, specifically with experience of working in Africa or winning work in Africa.
- An excellent understanding of the UKEF Funding process and connections within the UK Department of International Trade as well as strong working relationships with financial institutions such as ECA and Banks.
- A strong drive and enthusiasm to evolve, steer and drive the business forward with a commitment to business improvement, quality, ethics, health and safety and environmental principles.
- A highly strategic mind-set with the ability to make important decisions, inspire and manage others with a positive attitude to new ideas, change and responsive to challenges.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.