Head of International Business - Uganda
- Work closely with the Colas regional managers and work stream Director to identify strategically aligned opportunities for winning new work in the defined international geographic area.
- Input to develop and refine the international strategy in conjunction with the work stream Director.
- Identify key areas of opportunity and business growth on which to focus and deploy resource.
- To provide market intelligence that will input to business planning and budgeting requirements for the contracting elements of the work stream.
- Establish, develop and maintain client relationships at all levels and to provide strategic relationship management where appropriate including UK and international design consultants and contractors.
Identify key routes to market including suitable local joint venture partners.
- Liaise with regional subsidiaries of the International Colas Group in the identification, development and pursuit of overseas opportunities.
- Support, contribute to, and generate submissions of interest; pre-qualifications, tenders and other documentation as required in accordance with accepted processes and procedures.
- Develop bid strategies and win themes based on developed prospect knowledge and maximising the utilisation of synergies with regional Colas subsidiaries where they exist.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of competitors’ processes as well as monitoring their commercial strategy and activity.
- Promote the use of safe, sustainable, innovative in-house solutions and value management wherever possible.
- Ensure that sources of funding are researched to ensure prospects are viable.
- Develop and deploy marketing strategies including identification, organisation and attendance at relevant conferences and seminars.
- Organise and participate in arranging site visits with / for clients.
- Ensure that the CRM system is fully updated following all visits and discussions with customers.
- Conduct every-day work activities in accordance with the company core values and maintain the highest standards of ethics and corporate compliance at all times.
- Support and take an active part, where appropriate, in the company-wide drive to excellence through the EFQM initiative.
- Carry out other related duties as and when required by the line manager
- Produce monthly reports detailing progress of prospect development and up to date performance of the identified territory.
- Qualification in Business Management and / or Construction –degree level preferable.
- Demonstration of continuous professional development.
- Technical and legal qualifications/training (optional).
- Previous experience working in Africa.
- First-hand knowledge of UKEF funding process.
- Well connected with UK Department for International Trade.
- Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its key processes including design.
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements.
- Industry contacts in the airport sector at national and international level.
- Understanding of contracting in the international environment.
- Previous experience in management posts and strategy development.
- Resourceful, driven and highly motivated.
- Able to develop strategy and implement business plans.
- Ability to statistically record, analyse and monitor market data.
- Good level of commercial & financial awareness including the bid process.
- Skilled in problem solving/analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good personal organisation.
- Developed negotiation skills.
- Brilliant customer relationship and stakeholder management.
- Sensitive to cultural aspects of engaging stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous development & innovation.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.