Ground Maintenance Foreman
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential
About the Role
Our Maintenance team based in Portsmouth are looking for a Ground Maintenance Foreman.
The Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day running of the Ground Maintenance teams, ensuring that all works are carried out in line with company Health & Safety policies.
- Supervising the day to day running of all Ground’s Maintenance teams.
- Issuing all work instructions to staff.
- Completing reports and ensure that these are completed in a timely fashion and within timeframes.
- Ensure all team members are utilising all required PPE.
- Completing all paper work, time sheets, HAV’s sheets, Vehicle defect sheets, work sheets and audits.
- Gaining and understanding all financial aspects associated with the role.
- Liaising with the client and members of public when necessary.
- Attending departmental health and safety / progress meetings as directed by senior management.
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out within your area of responsibility and are undertaken with full regard of safety for members of the public and other members of staff including yourself.
- To shadow the current supervisor on occasion with the view of eventually taking on the position.
You will have:
- PA1 & PA6
- A good understanding of grounds maintenance.
- A good knowledge of shrub and rose maintenance.
- A good knowledge of Turf maintenance.
- An understanding of pesticides.
- The ability to work safety and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to make key decisions.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Developing commercial and financial awareness.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.