Graduate Equipment Engineer
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
You will assist the team in all relevant projects and activities to meet Colas and client objectives and needs. Working as part of a team, you will acquire a portfolio of technical knowledge and transferable skills that will give you a wide choice of career options within Colas.
You will undertake work of a technical nature that falls within the ability and competence of a graduate and work within a team to manage existing projects and help deliver new technologies which meet the business objectives. You’ll learn all aspects of Engineering project implementation including Road laying machinery, Quarrying, Asphalt and Emulsion Industrial equipment and asset management functions.
You will be involved in best practice business improvements and assisting with management of our larger Industrial projects.
- Assist in the management of the Colas Ltd Equipment branch for all of machinery including owned, leased or hired fleet ensuring that all business interests are met and KPI’s achieved
- Manage the fleet maintenance costs and monitor these on a monthly basis
- Where the contract requires prepare appropriate CDM plans
- Assist in the preparation of engineering estimates for Industrial Projects
- Ensure that Colas Safety policy is implemented and understood fully.
- Ensure that Quality systems and issues are understood and followed.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Car / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
To succeed in the role, you’ll be a graduate engineer. Naturally, you’ll be a team player who can lead and manage internal and external teams including sub-contractors.
A flexible attitude towards working patterns and locations is required. An analytical brain will be an advantage, along with the ability to manipulate and interpret data to make informed decisions.
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
- Good written, oral communication and organisational skills
- Basic project experience
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.