General Foreman – Oxfordshire
General Foreman – Oxfordshire
Permanent, full time
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Due to exciting company growth, we are recruiting a General Foreman to support our Oxfordshire Civil Engineering schemes based initially in Bicester and Bedford. The role is responsible for undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees and ensuring compliance with Quality procedures.
About the Role
The successful General Foreman will manage plant, labour, materials and subcontractors to safely and efficiently deliver the project. The main duties are:
- Ensure safe systems of work and adherence to Company Health and Safety Policy
- Assist in the preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, and permits to work.
- Delivery, enforcement and monitoring against the Company’s Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental, and Wellbeing plans
- Liaise with Project Manager on daily basis issues related to programme, resources, production, productivity in order to meet with programme requirements.
- Monitor performance in terms of progress and quality
- Organising the site, delivering to the agreed programme, resolving practical construction issues, raising concerns to managers.
- Undertake the roles assigned within the Construction Phase H&S Plan
- Recruit, support, encourage and develop operatives within your control; identifying appropriate training needs.
- To carry out safety inspections and to record near misses.
- To deliver Inductions, TBT briefings, RAMS briefings and ensure PoWRA are carried out.
- Management of plant, labour and materials
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar position. You will also have:
- Has held a similar position with a Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period
- Experience in highways sector work, footways, carriageways, inc. urban environments
- Proven experience from trade background demonstrating progress to Foreman/General Foreman
- Experienced in supervision of labour and subcontractors
- Experience to be able to identify construction challenges and resolve problems
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; able to deliver projects without compromising on safety and quality standards.
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Relevant CSCS card
- NRSWA (Supervisor)
- Appointed person and temporary works coordinator
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.