Framework Manager – Birmingham
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Colas are recruiting for a Framework Manager to manage key client expectations and operational delivery, supporting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices.
Acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of the One Colas culture.
- Promote and enhance safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety and welfare of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to the regional delivery team. Stimulating and driving intercompany relationships and trading.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all regional / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with peers / clients
- Develop and update regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client requirement
- Establish all operations phased budgets and drive accomplishment and improvement of the targeted financial performance
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with full responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Mapping and deployment of company resources encouraging increased utilisation where appropriate
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits. Maintain active participation across all framework collaboration, positively representing the business image as a leader in collaboration and innovation
- Hold a complete awareness of contract commitments, providing administration and handling of all appropriate framework metrics reporting timely and assisting engagement and deployment
- Provide regular point of contact for all personnel, administering employment related matters
- Drive site safety compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available, review and approval of accounts prior to release of payment
- Arrange / convene pre-start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions
- Support, encourage and develop all staff within your control identifying all appropriate training needs
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services, assisting Commercial estimating where required over the procurement of new works assisting with client development
- Attend all commercial and management meetings as directed
- Provide technical support to Senior Estimator during tender periods and receive and ensure compliance with Tender handover packs
The successful candidate will have a strong background in surfacing and civil engineering with extensive experience in Highways England frameworks.
You will also have:
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- Extensive experience in Highways England Frameworks
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – A to C
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- Full clean driving licence
- Hold a high level of experience in highway construction and maintenance
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.