Finance Manager – Contracting North - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
The Finance Manager plays a pivotal and driving part in supporting the wider team in the management of budgets and providing timely financial insight and analysis. Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager, the Finance Manager supports and, in some areas, takes the lead, in the day to day management of budgets for their business areas, working independently and directly with different departments.
- Drive contract financial control and reporting to provide greater insight into the business thereby highlighting opportunities to increase profitability
- Maintain close collaboration between Project management, Commercial team and Commercial Finance Manager to ensure fair contract positions are reported (Work in Progress, Measure Reserves, Stocks, Accruals, Remedial provisions, Risks and Opportunities, Debt)
- Maintain a strong focus on cash through supervision of cash flow forecasts, debt collection
- Foster relationships at all levels within the business to promote the value of the Finance function and actively develop and implement financial best practices;
- Influence decision making to ensure systems & processes meet all the essential requirements of the client and Head Office; Ensure compliance with group accounting policies for financial reporting, highlighting any potential issues to senior management;
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts, with particular focus on end of quarter and end of year closure
- Consolidate the Month end reporting package for the Contracting North and analyse the variances between the actual and forecasted result.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and 3 years plan and regular year end re-forecasting
- Monitor and control overhead expenditures and BUs reserves and provisions
- Monitor Capex expenditure and prepare business cases for key investment decisions
- Ensure all costs are captured and allocated to contracts and/or departments accurately, effectively and in a timely manner, with a strict application of company governance and policies
- Coordinate and complete sales invoicing and payroll entry
- Complete purchase ledger accruals, costing and general ledger journals
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant IMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent. They will have a minimum of 3 years post qualification relevant experience as a Finance Manager, working within a construction and infrastructure services sector. The ability to influence, challenge and support both financial and non-financial managers, along with being able to deliver credible analysis and insight into the results.
You will also have:
- Robust experience of using data mining tools.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with strong Excel experience (pivot tables, lookups etc).
- Strong project management skills and able to organise and prioritise own workload.
- The ability to work independently and with others under own initiative without close supervision.
- Ability to build and develop strong and successful client relationships across both finance and the wider business.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.