About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our north region accounts team in Leeds to assist our Management Accountants with recording and retrieving financial details to ensure a complete finance service to the whole company.
About the Role
This is a varied and interesting role and you will assist in the production of monthly management accounts. You will also:
- Supervise completion of cost and values for each contract
- Provide figures for the production of weekly volume reports and monthly activity reports
- Coordinate and complete sales invoicing and payroll entry
- Complete purchase ledger accruals, costing and general ledger journals
- Coordinate plant allocation within the business unit
- Process purchase invoices for all non-contract expenses for the business
- Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required
- Deal with day to day accounts enquiries for payroll, purchase ledger and debtors ledger
- Assist the Management Accountant with the filing of monthly accounts and reports to Head Office
- Assist the Management Accountant with the production of annual budgets
- Supervise the accounts and admin function for the Processes As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be a Graduate Accountant with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a construction / contracting environment with an interest in acquiring a professional finance qualification.
You will also:
- Demonstrate strong personal organisation and process management skills
- Be methodical, analytical and highly accurate in your work
- Have strong IT skills particularly with accounting software and MS Excel
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.