Finance Assistant - Grantham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We have an opportunity available to join the Finance team at our office in Grantham for a Finance Assistant. You will work alongside the Senior Management Accountant & a team of Accounts Assistants.
About the Role
As a Finance Assistant, you will carry out the management accounting function for the Processes department and oversee administrative activities to ensure accurate reporting of financial performance.
As part of the role you will:
- Carry out completion of cost and values for each contract on a weekly basis
- Provide figures for the production of weekly volume reports and monthly activity reports
- Co-ordinate and where necessary, complete sales invoicing
- Complete the administration of purchase invoices for the business unit
- Co-ordinate and carry out payroll entry for the business unit
- Complete contract costing journals for the business unit
- Carry out Contract Reviews with the Business Manager, Contracts Managers and other business unit staff
- Produce the monthly management accounts
- Deal with both internal and external queries.
- Carry out Ad hoc duties assigned by Assistant Management Accountant and Management Accountant
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have previous experience working in a similar role and exposure to all-round accounting duties, you will also:
- Have very strong attention to detail and the confidence to challenge potential errors or question reports where appropriate
- Be able to work well as part of a small team, willing to cover holidays where appropriate and pick up new skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Hold a AAT qualification is desirable
- Demonstrate strong personal organisation and process management skills
- Be methodical, analytical and highly accurate in your work
- Have strong IT skills particularly with accounting software and MS Excel
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.