Location: Penryn, Cornwall
Finance Assistant – Cornwall
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a finance assistant to support our Carnsew Cornwall Quarry (CCQ).
The finance assistant will provide administrative support to the divisional finance team, the quarry office manager and other staff within the business team. They will administer financial input to Carnsew Cornwall quarry invoicing system, the company accounts system and prepare departmental reports.
You will also:
- Assist with the financial input into the Quarry system.
- Provide guidance in understanding the monthly financial results.
- Perform purchase ledger duties as required for CCQ, accurately and within set time limits each month, ensuring company policy compliance and within relevant authorities.
- Collate and administer holiday and sickness data for required weekly paid employees.
- Follow company processes for the handling and recording of monetary transactions.
- Control and order office consumables as required for the site.
- Provide Reception cover, including dealing with incoming and outgoing mail when required
- Carry out any ad-hoc duties required of the position.
- Promote a culture of professional knowledge sharing and an environment for continuous development.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have experience of working within an office or finance department, be qualified or working towards a professional finance qualification and be at an advanced level of working on Excel.
- Good communication skills
- Well organised with good time management
- Trust and Openness
- Flexible approach to learning
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.