About the Role
As the Executive Director for the Major Projects area, you will work as a member of the executive management team to drive the success of the major projects area to support the Colas Group subsidiaries and reach defined growth and activity targets by 2022.
You will be the leader in planning, developing and directing on all activities within major projects area including delivering on transformation strategy across the business.
You will manage the control of assets, staff, labour force and equipment in line with the annual budgets as well as effectively managing the profit and loss and balance sheet performance on an annual basis.
In addition, you will lead on the identification of new business opportunities and the development of bid strategies including identification of routes to market such as potential joint venture partners across the defined territory.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive executive level pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- Annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications fully funded
- Excellent ongoing development opportunities
You will have previous experience managing a significant division or region with annual gross revenues of £220m plus within the transport or civil engineering sector.
You will also:
- Be a results-oriented, dynamic, highly credible leader who has had increasing business management responsibility throughout his/her career and demonstrable success in leadership roles. A visionary and inspirational leader capable of anticipating and addressing significant industry challenges.
- Have a proven ability to drive organisational change in a complex environment working with diverse stakeholders and an international mindset including a strong understanding of international agreements and business partnership principles.
- Be experienced in project management and in developing project plans, coordinating multiple projects, completion of projects within timescales and budgets.
- Ideally be a chartered member of a professional institution with a recognized degree related to the industry, however this is not essential.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.