Estimator - Leeds
Estimator - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our North Regional Operations for an Estimator. Our Regional Operation teams are leading within the highways industry providing full project management from design and concept through to construction and maintenance. We work on high profile projects within the infrastructure industry such as airfields, highways, marine and traffic management.
About the Role
As an Estimator, you will work closely with the Senior Estimator in the preparation of tenders and works opportunities as well as developing long-term relationships with operational and commercial teams, suppliers, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business leads.
You will assess tender opportunities using risk matrix and analyse all sub contract and supplier packages to build up accurate and effective project prices
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
We are looking for experienced Estimators of all levels from within the civil engineering sector ideally, you will also:
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of NEC conditions of contract and their impact on tender price
- Have working knowledge of Causeway or any other estimating software
- Have an understanding of methods of measurement including CESSM4, MoMHW and SMM7
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.