- Liaise well and work closely with the Commercial Manager and Commercial Analyst to provide effective estimating solutions.
- Develop long term relationships with others as required in client, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business leads.
- Liaise well with all members of the Commercial and teams to maintain synergy in the company’s approach to these activities.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas’ business sectors as they relate to this appointment.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Values, Beliefs, Vision and Mission.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Preparation of priced tender submissions, estimates and quotations required to meet the company strategy.
- Work closely with the Managing Estimator to ensure consistent and effective estimating practices are used across the company and within all the business units.
- Provide estimating advice and support as directed by the Commercial Manager.
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports an estimating team located across the country.
- Work closely with the commercial team and operational staff to ensure delivery of the tender proposals through secured contracts and to facilitate an effective learning loop between tender proposals and contract delivery to inform future tender/contract arrangements.
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial Manager to measure the effectiveness of the estimating service through a small number of specific and focused performance indicators.
- Work with Managing Estimator and Commercial Manager to continuously improve the estimating service through innovation, lessons learned and best practice knowledge supported by demonstrable evidence of such improvement.
- Relevant qualification and/or experience within the highways maintenance, civil engineering sector(s).
- Higher National Certificate or Diploma or a Degree in civil engineering. Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Commercial and client orientated positions.
- Previous experience as an estimator in a similar industry is required.
- Direct experience in Highways Maintenance is preferable but not essential
- Experience in people management is required.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant.
- Experience of producing estimates for large highways term contracts.
- Experience of using estimating software packages and IT literate in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills / ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A strong personality who can persuade and motivate others.
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.