Estimator - Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
The Estimator role involves building up estimate rates from first principals, costing and allocation of preliminary resources, contributing to and producing risk and opportunity registers as well as any other necessary commercial requirements whilst preparing the tender submission. The role includes an active day to day relationship with the Operational team to fully focus on the most commercially advantageous solution with a balanced approach to risk for Colas to secure the contract.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will Ideally be degree qualified and currently working as an estimator within the civil engineering and/or infrastructure industry. You will have experience of successfully estimating and bidding on a number of complex sizeable contracts in the provision of transport infrastructure and/or civil engineering services.
You will also have:
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its key processes including design
- Extensive experience in estimating related to asphalt and / or concrete paving including the build-up of mix prices from first principles.
- Completing complex tenders on time, to the required quality standards.
- An all round technical understanding of the activities for which he/she is estimating, probably gained over a number of years’ experience
- Experience of risk management within the tender stages of project development
- Experience of managing supply chain input into the tender process
- Understanding and inclusion of stakeholder requirements
- Experience of build-up of rates from first principles
- Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
- Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.