Estimator - Allied Infrastructure
Location: Manchester Allied Infrastructure
Estimator - Allied Infrastructure
Location – Leigh
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential
Our Allied Infrastructure business works on all the UK and European civil and military airfields undertaking all aspects of airside and landside airport infrastructure maintenance, as well as a number of Highways England and highway maintenance contracts, regularly providing support and services to main contractors.
About the Role
Due to their increased workload Allied Infrastructure are currently recruiting for an estimator to work on the estimating / bidding of small to medium highways, civil and military airfield contracts.
The Estimator role involves supporting our Allied business building up estimate rates from first principals, costing and allocation of preliminary resources, contributing to and producing risk and opportunity registers as well as any other necessary commercial requirements whilst preparing the tender submission. Working on a wide variety of tenders, including Civil Engineering projects, term maintenance contracts, highway infrastructure works, airport projects and other areas of the Colas business as and when necessary.
The Estimator also works very closely with other members of the commercial and procurement team both at tender stage through to contract award to help select sub-contractors and material suppliers. They may also be involved with the mobilisation of contracts and have an input into the day-to-day running of projects once they have been awarded.
Contribution will also be required to help produce tender quality document as the estimator will understand the fundamental elements of the project and hold vital key information which may help with the quality scoring of the tender.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be an Estimator within the construction and Civil Engineering industry together with several years’ directly relevant operational experience gained across civil engineering contracts. Experience of successfully estimating / bidding several small to medium contracts in the provision of transport infrastructure or civil engineering services.
In addition to the above experience, the following skills would be advantageous
- A DBS (Criminal Records Check) is required for the successful candidates. Anything you wish to disclose in relation to this preferably to be disclosed at interview stage. This is due to site visits that may be required to operational airfields and military bases.
- Previous experience in estimating related to asphalt and / or concrete paving.
- Completing tenders on time, to the required quality standards.
- Needs to have all round technical understanding of the activities for which he/she is estimating, probably gained over several years’ experience.
- Experience of managing supply chain input into the tender process.
- Understanding and inclusion of stakeholder requirements
- Experience of build-up of rates from first principles
- Demonstrable track record of success in the work-winning environment.
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
- Commercial understanding of tender development
- Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
- Able to identify and implement effective business management processes.
You will also have:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant.
- Experience of producing estimates for aviation / surfacing and/or civil engineering contracts.
- Experience of using Causeway estimating software packages and IT literate in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills / ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Committed to partnering and integration.
- Committed to continuous improvement and Innovation
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.