About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
In this role you will provide much needed support to our project team for a design and build highways improvement scheme in our north-west region. You will assist with efficient delivery of all documentation with the client, AECOM and supply chain partners whilst ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for collating, archiving and filing all contract details and paperwork in line with project and company requirements. As part of the role you will:
- Raise information in the company system adhering at all times to company and specific project processes
- Record information transmittals to assist the project delivery team
- Manage data in line with the company GDPR policy
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to office specific risk assessments
- Maintain and develop good relationships with all stakeholders including clients, managers, operatives and the general public
- Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Handle all incoming telephone enquiries and distribution of calls
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have previous experience working in a similar customer facing administrative role with experience of raising orders, receipting goods, invoice processing and reception duties. You will also:
- Show an interest in working within the civil engineering sector
- Have impeccable organisation skills and accuracy
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of health and safety
- Have strong ICT skills especially in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Hold a GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English - minimum Grade C (desirable)
- Hold or be studying an NVQ in Business Administration (desirable)
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.