Position - Dispatcher
Location - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the role
We currently have a requirement for a dispatcher to work out of our Leeds depot. The dispatcher will manage key stakeholder expectations associated with the reception and utilisation of plant, equipment and associated transport arrangements. They will be responsible for accurate scheduling and dispatching of plant and equipment using our E dispatch system to ensure the safe, efficient and timely support of operational delivery, meeting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices.
- Promote and enhance safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Ensure that all activities procured and delivered are undertaken with full regard for the safety and welfare of employees, supply chain, visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Provide ownership, accountability, motivation and direction in all respects of Plant, equipment and transportation utilisation and coordination, supporting the regional delivery team. Stimulating and driving inter-company relationships and trading.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all regional / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with peers / clients
- Develop and update regular activity schedules, coordinating plant & equipment movements for all contract responsibilities in accordance with operational requirements
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with full responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Mapping and deployment of company resources encouraging increased utilisation where appropriate
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key internal stakeholders and potential supply chain partners incorporating regular meeting and site visits. Positively representing the business image as a leader in collaboration and innovation
- Hold a complete awareness of contract commitments, providing administration and handling of all appropriate plant, equipment and transportation need, highlighting efficiencies throughout forward forecast activity programme
- Provide regular point of contact for all operational management, administering plant and transport matters
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information, competency requirements are made available, associated with all procured services
- Management of cost liabilities including recording of timely goods receipt and invoice matching according to financial commitments placed.
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services, assisting Commercial estimating where required over the procurement of new services
- Provide technical support to operational management on appropriate equipment
- Management and maintenance of equipment servicing schedules, LOLER inspections and lifting equipment in accordance with regulations and company policy
- Collect all defects reports, receipt and log the defects reports into the systems, If needed book in with a maintenance provider for repairs.
- Ensure all paper data from drivers (daily defect report) and manage this data following processes and file accordingly.
- Raise PO for mandatory controls on fleet (MOT, 6 weeks inspections, all other mandatory controls), make sure to have validated by line manager
- From work order or PO enter maintenance data in our various systems, Jamma Key2, Lisa etc for MOT, 6 weeks inspections, all mandatory controls
- Ensure accurate documentation to avoid gaps in records (defects, inspections, controls), and liaise with line manager if needed to address them
- Processing invoices (Share system)
- Source vehicle and plant in line with policies, rise and issue order numbers
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as required by Line Manager.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years previous experience in in a similar or equivalent role, an appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in construction / Civil engineering along with a suitable logistics / dispatching qualification and training course attendance.
You will also have:
- Strong organisational and scheduling competence
- Knowledge of business management systems
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication
- Detailed knowledge of the industry
- Attend and engage in resource allocation meetings
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures
- Performance motivated
- Good written and oral skills
- Analytical thinker
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability
As well as a very competitive hourly rate, we are offering a host of other benefits, which include:
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.